Thursday, February 10, 2005

"To serve the economic needs of our country, we must also reform our immigration laws. Reform must begin by confronting a basic fact of life and economics. Some of the jobs being generated in America's growing economy are jobs American citizens are not filling. This past week, I proposed a new temporary worker program that would match willing foreign workers with willing American employers, when no Americans can be found to fill the jobs. If an American employer is offering a job that American citizens are not willing to take, we ought to welcome into our country a person who will fill that job."
President's Radio Address, Jan. 10, 2004

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but if I were President, I'd be asking, "If an American employer is offering a job that American citizens are not willing to take, WHAT KIND OF PIECE OF SHIT HAZARDOUS, monotonous, low paying JOB ARE WE OFFERING HERE? and "How can we make this a better place to work?" Not, how can we legally get a Mexican to do it cheap.
Maybe it's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment