Saturday, March 27, 2004


NARAL
John Ashcroft has subpoened hundreds of women's private medical records from at least six hospitals in New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, and Ann Arbor.
The Justice Department is tracking down, one by one, records of women who had abortions to see if the procedures used were actually medically necessary.


While I was pregnant with my second child I made arrangements with the doctor to perform a tubal ligation soon after the birth. When it came time I was told that the head of the gynecology department had decided that I would not be having the surgery. I went through 4 interviews with this man over the next year, trying to justify my reasons for wanting the procedure. I remember clearly his saying to me "It won't kill you if you get pregnant again. " My response was "How do you know I won't kill myself?"
He was not swayed.

Bush appointed W. David Hager to the FDA's Reproductive Health Drugs Advisory Committee. This guy would not prescribe birth control to unmarried women during his 30 years of medical practice. He is now giving interviews to lifenews in which he describes RU-486 as "killing the baby".
I don't know about you but I don't want these misogynists that believe they are God in charge of any part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment