Sunday, August 08, 2004

___________________________________________________________________________________________
I started taking Joe to school when he was 6 years old. Circumstances separated us for a few years and then when he was 15 he started riding my bus again. He was still as sweet and gentle as he had been in 1st grade. Through high school, when his car was broke (which was most of the time), he would almost always sit up front and talk to me about what was going on and his plans. He didn't have it as easy as a lot of kids do but, I swear, he never complained and I never heard him say a bad word about anyone. He worked hard and did everything he needed to do to make a good life. I had all the hope for him and I'm sure his family did too.


No. 747-04
IMMEDIATE RELEASE August 5, 2004
DoD Identifies Marine Casualties

The Department of Defense announced today the death of three Marines who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Cpl. Dean P. Pratt, 22, of Stevensville, Mont., died Aug. 2 due to enemy action in Al Anbar Province, Iraq. He was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

Gunnery Sgt. Elia P. Fontecchio, 30, of Milford, Mass., died Aug. 4 from injuries received from enemy action in Al Anbar Province, Iraq. He was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms, Calif.

Lance Cpl. Joseph L. Nice, 19, of Nicoma Park, Okla., died Aug. 4 due to enemy action in Al Anbar Province, Iraq. He was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms, Calif.


19. He was 19. This is not right.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:54 PM

    I am so sorry to hear that! You must be heartbroken. When you see those kids day after day for all that time and this happens it tears you apart - and all because of an idiot and his senseless goals.
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete