Sunday, June 27, 2004

___________________________________________________________________________________________
The first cheer was when the theatre manager announced that this film was sold out. I'm glad I went to see it. Even though I knew most of the information he was passing on (I would have included a lot more but MY movie would have lasted 5 or 6 hours) he connected all the dots and showed the way it really played out. Some was very painful to watch. I wasn't laughing in the spots where everyone seemed to be laughing. I guess I've lost some sense of humor. It's not funny for me to watch Bush display his imbecility.
Not everyone stood and cheered at the end (this is Oklahoma) but most of us did. The biggest cheer came, just as people were picking up their purses and preparing to leave, when one fellow with a big voice commanded us all to "GO VOTE!"
So, now I'm going to a Move On gathering. It sometimes seems useless to try to do anything here but the votes were much closer in 2000 than anyone seems to worry about. Maybe we could make OKlahoma a Swing State.

No comments:

Post a Comment