Sunday, January 02, 2005

So I'm wondering what my U.S. Rep Ernest Istook is up to and when I might expect to hear from him when I see that he sent out I'm Sorry cards instead of Happy Holidays this year. It seems he did not want to give Amtrak any money (figures, I love trains), while serving as chairman of the Subcommittee on Transportation, Treasury and Independent Agencies, but 21 of his fellow republicans voted 1.8 Billion to help out Fear of Flyingers. So Istook cuts funding for all of those guys state projects to offset Amtrak funding.
"Istook's action got the angry reaction one might expect -- according to some reports, Rep. John McHugh, R-N.Y., and Istook came close to fighting physically."

HA HA HA!! That would have been great! Y'all should punch his lights out you know, he screwed you man! I guess when the democrats have all been screwed you garbage bag assholes have got to start screwing each other. HA!
Republicans will be selecting the committee chairs next month, I'm thinking Istook will have a lot of free time next session.

No comments:

Post a Comment