Thursday, April 08, 2004

KEAN. So when Mr. Clarke writes that the president pushed him to find a link between Iraq and the attack, is that right? Was the president trying to twist the facts for an Iraqi war? Or was he just puzzled about what was behind this attack?

RICE. I - I don't remember the discussion that Dick Clarke relates. Initially he said that the president was wandering the situation room - this is in the book, I gather - looking for something to do. And they had a conversation. Later on he said that he was pulled aside. So I don't know the context of the discussion. I don't personally remember it. But it's not surprising that the president would say, what about Iraq, given our hostile relationship with Iraq. And I'm quite certain that the president never pushed anybody to twist the facts.



Hmmm. I don't remember it, I don't know anything about it but, I know it didn't happen.
Has she always been as stupid as Dubya or has he just rubbed off on her?

No comments:

Post a Comment